Executive Director Position Available
The John W. Clem Recovery House Board of Directors is currently seeking applications for the position of Executive Director.
The JWCRH organization currently encompasses a Level I recovery house in The Plains, Ohio, and a Level II recovery house in Athens, Ohio. Our goal is to bring men with alcohol and substance-use disorders into recovery and to assist them in becoming sober, productive members of their communities.
The Executive Director is responsible for overall management, including, but not limited to the following:
- Development and implementation of programs, activities and services
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Recruitment, training, and supervision of paid staff
- Representation of the JWCRH to public, professional associations, business, government agencies, etc.
- Attend board meetings of the JWCRH and 317 Board and provide reports as requested.
- Oversight of records and management systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nonprofit sector leadership, preferably in the area of recovery from addiction
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, ideally in a social service or health-related field (or substantial experience in lieu of degree)
- Ability to manage records and oversee budgets
- A track record for securing grant funding for non-profits and a clear willingness to assist the Board of Directors with fundraising
- Genuine interest in and empathy for individuals in recovery
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public speaking experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: at a minimum, ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a willingness to learn new software as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS THAT CAN ADD TO APPLICANT STRENGTHS:
- A personal history of recovery
- Understanding and ability to implement best practices of quality recovery housing as defined by NARR and ORH
- Ability to explain the Social Model of Recovery and how it applies to recovery housing
- Thorough understanding of NARR Standards and ORH requirements for recovery housing
- Understanding of trauma-informed care and its importance for dealing with men in recovery
- Ability to assist in development of entrepreneurial activities to enhance resident work possibilities and organizational income
$35,000 to $50,000 per year depending upon experience and benefits to be provided.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume/CV, including at least three professional references to
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The John W. Clem Recovery House
P. O. Box 1124
Or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received no later than February 15, 2019.
- The Clem House Board of Directors reserves the right to extend the deadline or to determine that no applicant meets the necessary criteria and to re-post the position at the Board’s discretion.
- Selected applicant will begin March or April of 2019.
The John W. Clem Recovery House is an equal opportunity employer.