Essential Criteria for Admittance:
The applicant must
- have a minimum of 6 months continuous abstinence from alcohol and/or drugs.
- have a minimum of 3 months of continuous employment and appropriate finances to cover costs of rent, utilities, food, clothing, supplies, personal items, and entertainment.
- demonstrate a commitment to recovery.
- demonstrate a commitment to assisting other men in recovery with support and encouragement.
- demonstrate a commitment to sharing in all aspects of communal and cooperative living with a group of men in recovery.
- be recommended for approval by the Executive Director of the John W. Clem Recovery House organization.
- receive a consensus or majority vote of the residents of Briggs House (those living at the house at the time of application).
- have read the resident handbook and demonstrate that they understand its contents.
Our full Resident Handbook and Application form can be found below: